Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Frozen Treat Review: Better Than Ice Cream

One of my favorite desserts is ice cream. But I also eat almost any frozen dairy like yoghurt. They say yoghurt is better because of it's live bacteria which helps in digestion but ice cream definitely tastes better since the bacteria makes yoghurt sour.

One tastes better and the other one is healthier. Which one are you going to choose? If you can eat both at the same time then great right? Well, what if you can?

Sounds too good to be true but it gets even better!

Better Than Ice cream answers all your worries! BTIC for short, they have been around the market for years already but is not that quite popular because we already have the more famous frozen dairy brands available such as Magnolia or Selecta ice creams. Maybe it is lack of advertisement and the price of their products. I don't mind the price since you can categorize them as gourmet treats already.



The taste is definitely better than other ice cream brands and yoghurt shops. You won't even taste a bit of yoghurt. Before they were definitely  more expensive than other ice cream brands but since the trend of yoghurt is going up, they lowered their price down. I think before a scoop pf BTIC ice cream is somewhere around 50+ pesos but just recently, my friend and I was able to buy 2 scoops in 1 waffle cone for 75 pesos and that is sugar free. We were so delighted especially my friend that she said she might get addicted to it.

Good thing the closest mall in our place has BTIC. I also like the thought that they have unique flavors and it is even creamier that other ice cream brands.

Pistachio and Chocolate Marble
 My friend chose pistachio since I suggested it to her because she has not tried it yet and she liked it very much. She also chose chocolate marble which is vanilla with chocolate swirls.

Banana Pecan and Almond Chocolate
I usually choose chocolate mint chip but I wanted to try something else so I chose banana pecan which is banana base with sweet pecans and almond chocolate which is chocolate base with toasted almond slivers. Next time I might try their bubblegum flavor coz I like the color. As you can see from my picture above, it's the blue one and it has some marshmallows and candies I think. They also have the usual flavors such as strawberry and some with liquor in it such as their Kahlua flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment