Sunday, December 12, 2010

Summer Getaway 2010 #2: Laiya, San Juan, Batangas

San Juan, Batangas
We climbed Mount Daguldol last April and to get to the jump off of the mountain, you need to pass by the shores of Laiya and its shores already has lots of resorts.

Lots of rocks.
 It was really hot walking along the sand plus the heat of summer. I actually got sun burnt and my skin became darker by maybe 5 shades!

Blue water

More giant rocks!


and even mountains of rocks!

and some trees..

 The sand there is almost white due to the corals. The sands there are actually made from corals and you can
even see chunks and chunks of corals along the beach. Besides the sand, there are also lots of rocks along the shore and I really mean LOTS of it. Not just rocks but there are also boulders along the shore of Laiya.

white sand

small waves

some beach chairs

just like a post card eh? :D

 I had a hard time walking along those rocks since I got frightened by the thought that my foot might slip between those rocks and boulders or I might trip since they are also slippery from the sea water. Good
thing all those thoughts did not come true.

Walk...

More walking...

After descending from the mountain, we rented a hut near the baranggay hall or whatever hall that is for just 500 pesos I think for a few hours. It's cheap actually then I went off to the beach.

a huge rock!

mermaid's rock!

 With me were actually 5 males from our mountaineering organization and good thing there was another female so the two of us went to swim while the boys were such kill joys. My friend brought with her her Olympus 8000 waterproof camera and we took lots and lots of pictures on the beach and underwater!

My friend Vangie

one of the huts you can rent
  I fell in love with the camera for it took such great pictures of us on the beach. I am even proud of the underwater shots I felt like I was a mermaid! :)) Because of the waterproof camera, I am now planning to buy my own! :D

I'm a Little Mermaid!!!

Another mermaid shot!

on top of what we call "mermaid rock" xD

This one is also one cool giant rock!!! Feeling like a mermaid again!

clear sea water!

it's actually deep but it's clear!
Though I cannot remember how we got there, I would definitely go back there if I given the chance. I definitely recommend this place expecially if you like going to the beach or would like to go somewhere beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment