Monday, December 6, 2010

Regine Velasquez: Live in Eastwood City

Here is another famous Filipino singer or rather, Filipina singer, Regine Velasquez.

Regine Velasquez started joining singing contests when she was very young. She joined the very famous singing contest during the 80's "Tanghalan ng Kampyon" or I think it can be translated as Performance of a Champion.

Regine is very famous in the Philippines because of her beautiful voice and because she can hit really high notes. Regine became famous also because of her very fair skin and oriental features which made it easy for her to become famous in other parts of Asia. Regine has performed in many countries already in Asia and even in other parts of the world like US and Europe. She was given the title "Asia's Songbird".

Regine has always been compared to Mariah Carey and there was even an issue before with Mariah and Regine though I cannot really say what it was because I myself am not sure what it was but I think it's about racism or something, maybe just try searching for it in Google. 

Regine has performed with some foreign artists as well like Jacky Cheung. This is the best video of their song that I found on Youtube by iJonel: Regine Velasquez and Jacky Cheung's Duet for the song "In Love With You".



Just yesterday I was out with my college friends in Eastwood and we were able to catch Regine's Live performance. I was able to get a video clip of one of her new tagalog songs "Ako'y Iyong-iyo" (I'm Truly Yours)



I wanted to take a video of her singing a full song so I took this video of her singing "Exception" which was originally sung by the famous American rock band Paramore.



Sorry if you can't see her face on my videos, I just wanted to actually record at least the song. I was like 15-20 meters away from her and there were so many people but this is why I like it when famous people are performing in Eastwood because there is definitley less people compared to other events places.

No comments:

Post a Comment