Monday, November 1, 2010

All Saints Day 2010

    It's All Saints Day and for us Catholics it is the day when we commemorate all of those that have been beatified as saints but most of the time it is when we also give respect to the dead because the day after All Saints Day is All Souls Day and I think my mom forgot to light up candles for our departed loved ones. I'm wondering if she just forgot or if it is because she changed her religion but she's still a Christian though... I was not able to go to the cemetery either nor was able to put up candles in front of our house because I worked the whole day(till night). Yeah, I did not enjoy the holiday because of work but at least I will be getting 30% more on my salary. Anyway, it's just a few minutes before All Saints Day ends and I am about to sleep but I will definitely pray for our departed loved ones especially my tita and her baby, and my two lolos. I actually did not meet any of my grandfathers or lolos as what we call them. Both my lolos died before I was born and they both died at a very young age (sometime during their 50's) because of cancer. I don't even know what they look like because I haven't seen any picture of them but maybe I'll try to ask my lolas in the future. I also don't remember visiting their grave because I think both my lolos' remains are in the province-one in Mindoro(mother side) and one in Bulacan(father side). I do remember going to the cemetery during All Saints Day when I was in elementary but I can't remember who we visited. Maybe when I go to the provice I will visit their grave. Anyways, I will still try to light up candles tomorrow but I doubt I will be granted the permission to do that because my mom might say it will burn our house down.

No comments:

Post a Comment