Thursday, November 4, 2010

Restaurant Review: Komoro Soba


Komoro Soba for me has the best katsudon when it comes to fast food Japanese restaurants. I have been passing by this restaurant at Megamall for the a couple of years already but it was just last 2010 that I tried their dishes and I'm glad I did. The price for dishes for me are cheap, around 70+ per dish considering it's almost authentic meaning it's cooked the Japanese way and tastes very Japanese but the rice isn't the authentic Japanese rice. Their katsudon (カツ丼) is really tasty and tender. I have also tried their other rice bowls which are nice but not that fantastic.
The combo meals!

  They also have combo meals which includes a noodle dish either ramen or udon (饂飩) and a rice bowl as a side dish which is kinda ironic because usually it's the other way around but great because you can choose the katsudon (カツ丼) as a side dish. Prepare yourself for the combo meal because the serving is quite large and can be good enough for two if you don't eat that much. 
  My friend and I actually had to take the katsudon home because we were already full just by eating the noodles. I am not a fan of their noodle dishes maybe because it's too heavy on the tummy because of the soup and the thick noodles especially if you order udon but I like their ramen, very tasty. For 100 pesos you can order a dish and an iced tea or soda. I tell you, you really should try their katsudon.

No comments:

Post a Comment