Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My First Pair of Contact Lenses.


The contact lens kit that I bought for 750 pesos (almost 20$) which includes the pair of circle lenses (aka doll eyes), the travel kit and of course the all-in-one solution.
  Today I tried wearing contact lenses. I am actually near sighted but the contact lenses that I bought does not have any grade at all because I want to try it first plus if I am going to buy a pair of lens I made sure it's fashionable haha!

  The Japanese started this fad about making your iris big making you look like as if you're an anime (slang for Japanese animation) or a doll that is why those lenses are usually called doll eye lenses. Most of the time it is called circle lens because it has a dark circle outline as you can see from the lenses that I am wearing on the picture.

  I really wanted to buy contact lenses for a few years already because it's hard to wear eye glasses. It was last Friday when I bought the lenses because there was a bazaar near the office building. My colleague and I went to the bazaar and there was this one booth selling contact lenses at a cheap price. I immediately bought a pair. I was thinking of getting either the brown or the gray lenses but I went for the brown because I think the gray might look very unnatural on me.
My what big eyes I have! I apologize for my oily face and untamed eye brows. >_<
  The lenses that I bought are actually bigger in diameter than the usual lenses sold in the market. The usual lens I think is around 13mm in diameter and the circle lenses are usually 14mm to make your eyes look bigger but the one that I bought are 15mm. I can actually feel the lenses touching my skin because they are indeed big and it does make me look as if I am not a human. LOL! The store has a name and it's called purpektion shop. They also have a website www.purpektionshop.com.

  I did not actually wear the lenses the day after I bought it because I had a climb so earlier after I  arrived home from work, I was so excited that I took the lenses from its case and tried wearing it. Don't worry they were soaking since this morning before I wore them so they were already disinfected and lubricated.

  I think I had to try placing it on my eyes for like 10 times on each eye because I blink every time I feel it touching my eye but I read something where you can look sideways while placing it on so you won't blink and it did work. 

  I noticed that wearing contact lenses is tiring. Removing the lenses were easy because they are big so I just pinched them and my eyes really felt tired. I'm not sure if it's the lenses or I'm just tired because I just came from work (explains the oily skin on my picture).

 Anyway, it does look good I think but I might try buying contact lenses with grade this time. I heard there is this famous optical shop and they're having a sale for contact lenses and these lenses that I bought will be used for special occasions. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment