Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Changing Hair Color

When my hair was still dark.

I have a natural dark brown hair with fine strands. It kind of looks black indoors but when sunlight hits my hair or if you look at the strands you can see that it is actually dark brown in color. Most hair dressers or some people even think that I color my hair. I haven't tried coloring my hair until the first quarter of this year. It was last April that I decided to color my hair just for the sake of trying it. I went to a salon in Cainta with my friend and since I have dark brown hair, I wanted to make it lighter.

My hair looks almost black when indoors.
If you already have dark hair you should choose a really light color if you want it to become lighter in color or else it won't do any difference if you just choose less than 5 shades lighter than your natural hair color. I actually chose medium golden blonde and it turned almost light brown on my hair.

The hairdresser named Jun did a GREAT job on coloring my hair. I loved it.


First time I had my hair colored. This picture was taken indoors.
Most of the people who know me did not notice that I had my hair colored because again, when sunlight or yellow light hits my hair it is dark brown. I had to ask some of my friends what they can say about my new hair color and some even said they would not have noticed until I told them but they think it is nice.

After three months, the roots began to look a bit obvious and after six months it is already very obvious though the color already faded and it is almost as if it's the same shade as my natural hair color so I decided to have it retouched.

I chose the same color which is medium golden blonde though I wanted light golden blonde to make it even lighter but it was not available. I like the color but the hairdresser this time was not Jun anymore (he was assigned to a different branch) and it's a VERY LAZY gay hairdresser who did a BAD job in coloring my hair that it turned NOT SO EVEN. I had him redo the coloring but it is STILL NOT EVEN!!! You can actually see patches of dark hair good thing it is not that obvious and because of that, I won't go back to that salon anymore... Oh well... I believe in karma. ^_^
My colored hair under natural sunlight. Picture taken at Mount Cinco Picos.
After six months I will have it retouched and unless Jun is back at that salon I won't have it retouched by any of the LAZY GAY hairdressers there again. I might look for another salon next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment